Posted: December 1, 2017
CLAYOQUOT BIOSPHERE TRUST
DISTRICT OF TOFINO - ALTERNATE DIRECTOR
The District of Tofino is looking for interested residents to serve in a volunteer capacity as an Alternate Director on the Clayoquot Biosphere Trust Society (CBT) Board of Directors for a 4-year term ending December, 2021.
As an Alternate Director you will:
- Bring vision, commitment and energy to making a difference in our region through the CBT’s work as a community foundation.
- Demonstrate eagerness to work in a consensus and team oriented environment with a committed board, volunteers and staff.
- Reflect, listen and communicate with the individuals, groups and community you serve.
- Abide by the CBT Constitution, Bylaws, approved policies and guidelines.
- Bring knowledge, skills and interest in one or more areas of governance and management (planning, policy development, finance, fund development, investment, grant making, communications, marketing, web design, etc.).
- Work closely with the District of Tofino’s appointed Director, attend board meetings throughout the region and volunteer on subcommittees depending on your interest.
The board operates as a policy board, governing by making policy and providing strategic direction to staff. Up-to-date governing documents can be found on the CBT’s website www.clayoquotbiosphere.org.
Interested individuals are strongly encouraged to contact Rebecca Hurwitz, Executive Director, to learn more about the role and responsibilities (725-2219; email@example.com).
Letters of interest may be submitted on or before Monday, December 5, 2017 by mail, hand, or e-mail to:
Manager of Corporate Services
Mail: Box 9, Tofino BC, V0R 2Z0
Hand: 121 Third Street (8:30-4:00)