Posted: April 24, 2020
APPLY TO BE A DIRECTOR ON THE CBT BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The District of Tofino is looking for an interested resident to serve in a volunteer capacity as a Director on the Clayoquot Biosphere Trust Society (CBT) Board of Directors for a 4-year term ending March, 2024.
What does a Director do?
- Bring vision, commitment and energy to making a difference in our region through the CBT’s work as a UNESCO Biosphere Region and the local community foundation.
- Demonstrate eagerness to work in a consensus and team oriented environment with a committed board, volunteers and staff.
- Reflect, listen and communicate with the individuals, groups and community you serve.
- Abide by the CBT Constitution, Bylaws, approved policies and guidelines.
- Bring knowledge, skills and interest in one or more areas of governance and management (planning, policy development, finance, fund development, grant making, communications, marketing, web design, etc.).
- Attend board meetings throughout the region and volunteer on subcommittees depending on your interest.
The CBT relies on the vision and strategic direction of a committed Board of Directors representing a diversity of experience, skills and interests supportive of the Clayoquot Sound UNESCO Biosphere Region designation. As a participating community, the District of Tofino appoints one Director and one Alternate Director to represent the CBT and its mandate to our community.
Where can I find more Information?
Interested individuals are encouraged to contact Rebecca Hurwitz, Executive Director, to learn more about the role (250-725-2219; firstname.lastname@example.org). Up-to-date governing documents can be found on the CBT’s website (www.clayoquotbiosphere.org).
How do I Apply?
Submit a letter of interest letting us know why you’d like to be considered and what types of experiences you draw from. Address your letter to Mayor and Council. Send your letter on or before Wednesday, May 20th, 2020 at noon, by mail, hand or e-mail to:
Mail: Box 9, Tofino BC, V0R 2Z0
Hand: 121 Third Street (8:30-4:00)