Community Children's Centre
Phone: 250-725-4009 Email: email@example.com
* During a power outage or an emergency event please call our cell phone 250-726-5182 *
The Community Children's Centre (the Centre) is a licensed group daycare offering care for children aged 30 months to school aged.
Our mission is to offer the best early learning environment we are capable of providing by focusing on the areas of early learning that are based on the vision and principles of the revised Early Learning Framework.
The Early Learning Framework Principles set forth ways of thinking about childhood, learning, and practicing that underpin the vision of respectfully living and learning together. The principles are:
- Children are strong, capable in their uniqueness, and full of potential.
- Families have the most important role in contributing to children’s well-being and learning.
- Educators are researchers and collaborators.
- Early years spaces are inclusive.
- People build connection and reconnection to land, culture, community and place.
- Environments are integral to well-being and learning.
- Play is integral to well-being and learning.
- Relationships are the context for well-being and learning.
- Learning is holistic.
Find more information about partnership programs offered at the Centre:
Moe the Mouse®
The Moe the Mouse® Speech and Language Development Program is run through the BC Aboriginal Child Care Society and is an innovative early speech and language resource that uses Indigenous toys and stories to enhance language development in children ages 3–5. Activities our educators provide opportunities for children to practise language skills in a natural setting.
STARS©™ - Skills That Achieve Readiness for School
STARS©™ is a structured, multi-sensory, play-based group curriculum that teaches a broad range of skills to children in the year before kindergarten.
Supported Child Development Program (SCDP)
The SCDP is run through the Port Alberni association for community living. This program provides support to families who have children with special needs by helping them to obtain services in community child care settings. Staff assist the families and child care agencies put plans into place to ensure the child has the best opportunity to develop to their fullest potential.
Hours of Operation
The Centre operates 8:30am - 4:00pm Monday to Friday and is closed on all statutory holidays. The Center will close starting Wednesday, December 23, 2020 at 4:00pm and reopen Monday, January 4, 2020 at 8:30am.
For more information about Centre policies and COVID-19 related Health & Safety procedures, please refer to the Community Children's Centre handbook.
Community Children's Centre
265 First Street, Tofino
Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
(T) 250-725-4009 (1)