Name & Address Changes

Address Changes

It is important to keep your address current for property assessment and taxation purposes. The mailing address that appears on the tax and utility notice is updated through BC Assessment. Only registered owners may request a change of mailing address. 

The request form will update the following:

  • BC Assessment Records
  • Property Tax Notices
  • Metered Water and Sewer Utility Notices

We will forward any requests received by our office to the BC Assessment Authority.

Name Changes

All name changes on your property are administered by:

BC Assessment Authority, Central Vancouver Island
Phone: 250-753-6621
Toll Free: 1-800-977-2775
Fax: 250-754-1890

Location & Mailing Address:
#300 - 125 Wallace Street
Nanaimo, BC V9R 5B2

The District of Tofino receives the updated information from the BC Assessment Authority in about 6 weeks.

My name does not appear on the property tax bill. What should I do?

If you have recently purchased your property, you may receive a tax bill in the previous owner(s) name. You can still make your payment and claim your Home Owner Grant. When claiming the grant, please submit a copy of the registered “Form A–Freehold Transfer” document that you received when you completed the purchase of your home.

Contact Us

Finance Department
Municipal Office
(T) 250-725-3229
(F) 250-725-3775