Join the Recreation Advisory Committee
July 15, 2022
The Recreation Advisory Committee, is currently looking for new members.
The role of the Recreation Advisory Committee, formerly known as the Tofino Recreation Commission, is to provide advice and make recommendations to Council on matters related to recreational services and facilities within the municipal boundaries of the District of Tofino.
Who We Are
The Recreation Advisory Committee is established and its members appointed by the Tofino Council. The Committee consists of seven members of the public. The District's Recreation Programmer serves as staff liaison.
The Committee will consist of seven (7) voting members as follows:
- One (1) member of Council to serve as Chair, with one alternate
- One (1) member from Tla-o-qui-aht First Nation, to be appointed by the organization
- One (1) member representing local youth who shall be under the age of 19
- One (1) member representing the outdoor recreation community (parks, trails, beaches)
- One (1) member representing the indoor recreation community (facilities, programs, etc.)
- Two (2) members-at-large who reside within the municipal boundaries of Tofino
Potential applicants are encouraged to read the Terms of Reference prior to applying.
Posted on: Jul 15, 2022